The 2018 NFL Draft is top-loaded with elite-level talent atop the draft board and this year’s class of QB’s has the chance to be an all-time class with the guys coming out this year. NFL fans should expect plenty of teams moving up and down the draft board to go up and get their guy, or teams already with their guy getting a haul to move down. The New York Jets already struck a deal with the Indianapolis Colts and they’re sitting pretty at No. 3.
1. Josh Allen – The best overall QB coming out of college with a cannon for an arm, in my opinion. We all saw that awesome display put forth at his pro day. Even though he played in a lesser conference in college, his tape still shows he can progress through his reads, take what he’s given, and be able to take the top off the defense with his big arm. That pro-style offense at Wyoming is similar to Carson Wentz‘s level of experience and play coming out of North Dakota State.
2. Sam Darnold – Even though hes number two on this list, he will be taken number one overall in the 2018 draft by the Cleveland Browns. Haslam, the Browns owner, even sat and watched Darnold’s pro day with his family. He’s the big-armed top flight Quarterback that Cleveland needs to turn their franchise around and they will regret it for years to come if they pass on Darnold.
3. Baker Mayfield – He’s a smart player in the IQ section, hes an accurate guy with the football, and ran a pro style offense out of Oklahoma with Lincoln Riley. There were some references to Johnny Manziel with him due to their similar off-the-field issues in college, but those are just people looking to tear down another former Hesiman winner.
4. Mason Rudolph – Coming out of Oklahoma State in a Mike Gundy offense had this kid slinging the ball every which way possible. I put him up this high because of his pure talent, he will go late in the first or second round because of his inexperience. He will be a steal though for a team that takes a chance on Rudolph and develops him in their system for a few years.
5. Josh Rosen – I almost didn’t put him on this list but only Lamar Jackson was behind him as the next QB in the first round, and Jackson will probably wind up being the next Terrelle Pryor. Rosen played at a college style offense in UCLA under Jim Mora. Even his own Head Coach said Cleveland should pick Darnold over his own QB. Rosen won’t succeed in the NFL unless he has the right coach to groom him. He’s a pompous kid from a wealthy family that won’t have the drive and commitment to make a significant impact in the league.